Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Smallest Church in America

On Wednesday as said goodbye to Savannah and travelled South. We turned off I95 onto the 17 to visit a little place called South Newport which has a little wayside church, when I say little I mean "very small". It will hold a congregation of 12, plus the minister. It has stained glass windows and an alter and lectern. It measures 15 and 10 feet.


It is a little bit of peace in a noisy world. Well worth the small detour for a visit and a good place for a picnic (benches are provided).
Over the last couple of weeks I have been amazed at the size of the estuaries and islands that stretch from North Carolina to Jacksonville. It is a huge flat area that has amazing animals and plants as well as a fascinating history.
I have uploaded some pictures I have taken recently.


We made Amelia Island in good time and were able to get a beach site at Fort Clinch State Park.
It is cold, but bright blue skies and a blazing sun make it feel much better.
We have done a touch of shopping and are ready to tackle all that Amelia Island has to offer.

No comments: